There was once a time when projectors were only meant for large scale uses. They were mainly used in offices to make presentations in front of a large crowd. Projectors have now evolved leaps and bounds. Remember making slides on OHP sheets to make a presentation with the conventional projectors?
Today’s digital projectors can reproduce clear images, videos and much more on a larger screen without a hassle. Projectors have grown from being used in schools and offices to being used even in the houses. People use projectors to bring home the theater experience. It gives us the convenience of watching our favorite movie on a large screen just like in the movie theater.
With the growth of technology, you can play games, blu-ray movies, all in High Definition or 3D displays on a wall. Here is a list of the best projectors under $500.
Now looking at each of their specs in detail:
- 1 Epson Home Cinema 1040 1080p | Best 1080p projector under $500 – 2017
- 2 ViewSonic PJD5155 3300 Lumens | Best projector for gaming under $500 – 2017
- 3 HD Projector Xinda 2000 Lumensbest | Best portable projector under $500 – 2017
- 4 Epson Home Cinema 640, HDMI | Best movie projector under $500 – 2017
- 5 Supemale
Epson Home Cinema 1040 1080p | Best 1080p projector under $500 – 2017
- Screen Size Range: 80-inches from 8 feet; 119-inches from 12 feet
- White Brightness: 3000 Lumens; Color Brightness: 3000 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 15,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes; Lens Shift: No
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited; Lamp Life: Up to 10,000 hours (ECO mode) and up to 5000...
- Connectivity: 2 HDMI (1 MHL), 1 RCA (composite), 1 RCA (1 audio L/R), 1 VGA D-sub 15...
With 3000 Lumens of White and Color brightness, this is one of the best projectors you would find in this segment. This comes with a unique 3LCD technology implemented by Epson in its range of projectors. This technology avoids the rainbow effect you might encounter with other projectors.
- Connectivity interfaces: HDMI x 2, RCA x 1 (composite), RCA x1 (audio L/R),VGA-D Sub 15pin x1, USB-A x 1, USB-B X 1
- Display: The full HD 1080p bright display reproduces crystal clear images up to 300” large. The 3000 Lumens color display means that you get brighter colors in projection than with most other projectors.
- All-in-on- connectivity: The HDMI port allows for easy connection of satellite box or cable, blu-ray player, game console or any video streaming device including HD streaming of Chromecast, Roku and more.
- Set-up: The built-in speakers and easy installation of the device is an added advantage. Plug your device, project on the wall or a screen and you are good to go.
ViewSonic PJD5155 3300 Lumens | Best projector for gaming under $500 – 2017
- SVGA (800x600) 3300 Lumens Projector with a 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, Vertical...
- With advanced color technology and outstanding sharpness, this feature-rich projector...
- Exclusive audiovisual features, and flexible connectivity options makes the PJD5155...
- Convenient design with up to 10,000 lamp hours (Eco Mode), built-in speakers, port...
- 1.86~2.04:1 throw ratio; 3.3-32.8 ft. throw distance; 3.5MM Audio in/out, HDMI 1.4,...
This model from VeiwSonic comes in a variety of options to choose from based on the connectivity ports you primarily require.
- Display:It comes with a whopping 3300 Lumens brightness offers intense vivid colors. The contrast ratio of 20000:1 means that even the darker images or scenes in the video would be clearer than with the other projectors. The SuperColor technology offers stunning real colors in the video.
- SonicExpert: This comes with bigger speakers that deliver immersive sound with better clarity. The inbuilt amplifier also ensures that it brings truetheater experience home.
- Design: The device includes a keypad with tactile response, an optional hood for hiding clumsy cable connections and an easy to access lamp to make the maintenance easy.
- ViewSonic offers a 3-yar warranty for this product on the parts and a 1-year warranty on the projector lamp.
HD Projector Xinda 2000 Lumensbest | Best portable projector under $500 – 2017
- XINDA Brand.Multi-function input VGA/HDMI/USB/AV/SD Card; Connect your PC / Laptop /...
- BIG SCREEN:Image size 20-140 Inches.Share Wonderful moved moments with your friends ,...
- HIGH CONFIGURATION:Native Resolution:800x480RGB;Supported resolution:1920*1080,...
- LONG LIFETIME:The LED lamp works for about over 50,000 hours,provide super clear...
- CONVINENT CUSTOMER SERVICE: Our after-sale center located in New York,which can...
Priced reasonably low, this projector by Xinda offers ample features packed in a compact body.
- Display:It comes with a LED The projector offers 2000 Lumens brightness which is one of the best in this price range. It has a contrast ratio of 1500:1 and a TFT LCD image projection system.
- Screen: The clear screen projection offers a size range of (50 to 140) inch for a projection distance of 5’ to 9’.
- Connectivity: VGA, HDMI, USB, AV, SD. So you could directly connect your PC/ laptop or TV or even a USB drive to enjoy live movie streaming. The HDMI port makes it convenient to connect gaming consoles so that you could enjoy your favorite games on a large screen
- LED lamp: The LED lamp works seamlessly for hours together. This projector also works great for outdoor movie projections.
- The inbuilt speakers mean that you could just plug your device and sit back and experience the real home-theater experience.
Epson Home Cinema 640, HDMI | Best movie projector under $500 – 2017
- Screen Size Range: 76-inches from 8 feet; 113-inches from 12 feet; SVGA Resolution
- White Brightness: 3200 Lumens; Color Brightness: 3200 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 10,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes; Lens Shift: No.
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited; Lamp Life: Up to 6,000 hours (ECO mode) and up to 5000...
- Connectivity: HDMI x 1, Computer/component video: D-sub 15 pin x 1, S-video: Mini DIN...
With impressive brightness ratings and contrast ratio, this is one of the best projectors in this price range suitable for movie projection.
- Display: The 3200 Lumens white and color brightness ensures that the colors reproduced are vivid. The contrast ratio of 10000:1 provides greater details in the image. It comes without a lens shift. Image projection size can go up to 300” which can make your wall turn instantly into a large screen theater.
- Digital HDMI: The all-digital HDMI port offers a universal connectivity feature to connect a variety of devices.
- In-built game mode: The inbuiltgamemode selection tunes the settings to ensure that you get the best gaming experience. This mode can also allow you to play games without a trouble even with the lights on in your room
- The lamps are durable and can offer up to 10000 hours of operation. The portable design packing all these features makes it all the more attractive.
Video Projector, 2000 Lumens | Best home projector under $500 – 2017
- HIGH BRIGHTNESS - 2000 lumens,The best choice at this price. Native Resolution:...
- PORTABLE DESIGN - 2.8 lbs,Product Dimensions: 9x7.5x5.1inch, easy to take and...
- MULTI-FUNCTION INTERFACE - including HDMI / VGA / USB / AV / TF Card, directly...
- PREMIUM QUALITY - CE,FCC,ISO,HDMI Approved.±15° manual keystone correction, easily...
- WARRANTY - Not recommended for PPT or business presentation, ideal for home theater...
If you are looking for something compact, easy to set up, giving a great image reproduction all at a competitive price, then this sure is the one you should be considering.
- Display: With a decent contrast ratio of 1000:1 this offers image size in the range 30” to 100”. The 2000 Lumens brightness delivers clear bright images.
- Dimensions: Weighing a mere 2.8lbs, and measuring a5x5.1 inch, this projector is easy to carry. It functions pretty well both for movie viewing and games.
- Connectivity: HDMI, VGA, USB, AV, TF card slot. So you could directly insert a TF card or even a USB stick and play movies from them. You can also connect your PC/ laptop or gaming console through the HDMI port to play your games on a larger screen.
- The manufacturer recommended use is for non-business uses like video or game projection. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
If you are looking for something pretty compact for normal use, you could do away with the Supemale projector. It is also pretty inexpensive. But if you want something that can offer unbeatable gaming experience, then the ViewSonic PJD5155 is the one for you. With the best in class contrast ratio, it reproduces every detail accurately.
If you are looking for a full HD projector that delivers stunning HG videos and 3D videos without a fuss, then the Epson Home Cinema 1040 1080p would be a great choice. There are numerous other projectors within the given price segment. But these are the best projectors under $500 that are the best value for money deals you can get.