If you are looking to set up a high-performance home theater system with multiple speakers, then you might need a good A/V receiver. Adding an A/v receiver can have a noticeable impact on the overall sound quality. Even if you have the best speakers you would still not get great results without installing the right A/V receiver.
But there are many A/V receivers in the market. Understanding a little about the requisites of a good A/V receiver will help you choose a good one. When we talk about surround sound systems, there should be a proper reception and distribution of sound signals. This would ensure that you get the accurate sounds in the respective speakers. This is what results in the theater like sound quality in your room.
To achieve this effect here is a list of the best A/V receiver under $500 which can revolutionize your home theater system.Looking at the features in detail:
- 1 Sony STRDH550 | Best Selling AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- 2 Pioneer VSX-530-K | One the Highest Rated AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- 3 Yamaha RX-V679BL | Multi-zone speaker AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- 4 Denon AVR-S510BT | Superb sonic fidelity AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- 5 Onkyo TX-NR646 | Cutting edge AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
Sony STRDH550 | Best Selling AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- 5.2 Ch, 725W A/V Receiver (145 W x 7 at 6 ohms).Input and output terminals HDMI Video...
- Enhanced use via On Screen Display and streamlined remote
- Supports high-res file playback via USB
- Flexible HDMI connectivity with 4 inputs and 1 output
- Supports 4K pass-through,HDMI Audio Return Channel for playback of TV audio5
This receiver comes with the provision for 4HD inputs. With its HD cinema sound, all the music and movies can be played with true sound reproduction with stunning clarity. The auto calibration function makes setting up the device a breeze.
- Sound: Besides the multi-channel performance it delivers, hi-resolution file playback is also supported with the front USB connector.
- Connectivity: A wide range of device including the PlayStation, Blu-Ray player and more can all be connected easily with the 4-HDMI inputs. There is a USB input in the front and the device also offers iPhone and iPod connectivity option.
- With the convenience of allowing 4K resolution to pass through, you can conveniently view all your video content or Blu-Ray movies without having to turn on the whole home-theater system in your room.
- For 3D effects in the sound, the front height mode comes in handy.
- The other interesting features it includes are the night mode and advanced auto volume option to give the best sound performance.
- The setup process is also simple thanks to the auto-calibration feature. Turn on the device, connect the calibration microphone and follow the straightforward instructions to get your device running in minutes.
Pioneer VSX-530-K | One the Highest Rated AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:2:0)
- Built-in Bluetooth with aptX
- Simplified Connection and Setup
With impressive features packed into this device, it is one of the highest rated receivers in the market in the given price segment.
- This receiver delivers 140watts in each of the channels.
- There are 4HDMI ports that allow you to connect a variety of devices.
- It can offer 4K ultra-HD video with a frame rate of 60 fps. This, with 4 times the resolution of the normal full HD 1080p can deliver stunning theater like reproduction of your movies.
- With each channel coming with a separate amplifier, you can be assured that you get accurate sound reproduction in each of your speakers.
- Even for compressed sound files, the advanced sound retriever system allows maintaining a high-quality audio output.
- The dedicated on-screen display for the controls and the Bluetooth connectivity integration are added benefits.
Yamaha RX-V679BL | Multi-zone speaker AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- YPAO - Reflected Sound Control
- Dialogue Lift & Dialogue Volume
- 4K / 60p 4:4:4 pass-through, 4K video up conversion
- Sirius, Airplay, Pandora, Spotify Connect, tuner, PC / NAS, Bluetooth
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio system
It delivers a 4K pass through and a 4K video up-conversion.
- 4K ultra-HD video compatibility means that you can easily play HD videos with extra-fine clarity.
- The YPAO reflected sound control technology analyses the characteristics of the speakers and calibrates the sound delivery accordingly. This would also aid in prevention of occurrence of reflections and echo in the sounds especially at higher volumes
- You could also opt for various streaming services like Rhapsody, Pandora, SiriusXM and more thanks to the integrated Wi-Fi module in the device.
- High-resolution audio formats and Dolby True HD format files can all be played easily with this receiver.
- One interesting addition here is the option to connect to a second audio zone. It can transmit a 2-channel stereo output to your second zone.
Denon AVR-S510BT | Superb sonic fidelity AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- 5.2 channel A/V Receiver with 70W per channel
- 4K Ultra HD/60Hz full rate pass-through with 3 designated HDMI inputs and full HDCP...
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Dolby TruHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- IP control capability with the HEOS Link turns any stereo system into a wireless zone...
The sonicfidelity delivered by this receiver is one feature that rates high.
- There are 5 HDMI ports for video inputs. Among these, 3 have 4K ultra HD rating with 60 fps.
- Bluetooth streaming is allowed. If you have a Bluetooth-enabled device that supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile, you could connect it for direct streaming. 8 Bluetooth devices can be paired and stored in the receiver for quicker connection in the future.
- All the HDMI ports are 3D compatible so you can conveniently play 3D videos. If you have a copy-protected content, you can play it without a worry thanks to the HDCP 2.2 signal handling feature.
- There is also an option to connect USB devices through the inbuilt USB interface.
- The front control panel delivers easy operation. Denon Setup Assist makes setting up the device easy.
- Denon HEOS link compatibility is an added advantage. This improves the flexibility of the system.
- Class AB amplification is included for the 5 amplifiers. This optimizes the power output.
- By downloading the Denon500 series remote, you can control the device over Bluetooth from any of the connected devices.
Onkyo TX-NR646 | Cutting edge AV Receiver under $500 – 2017
- DTS:X is a next-generation object-based surround sound technology that includes...
- Supports Dolby Atmos Up to 5.1.2 Channels for captivating, multidimensional sound
- High instantaneous current enhances speaker control for accurate and dynamic audio...
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable HDMI 2.0a Terminals for UltraHD and supports HDCP 2.2 for premium...
- Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Airplay with Pandora and Spotify to stream virtually...
DTS-X ready: This is one of the few receivers that support DTS-X and Dolby Atmos formats of multi-dimensional audio. You can thus get an immersive sound quality much like in the movie theaters. You can also take it a step ahead and customize the sound output to best suit the room where the home theater is set up.
- With the latest version HDMI inputs, it can support a variety of devices. This can also result in the marked enhancement in the picture and voice clarity. This is because of the richer details provider for dark and bright portions of the images.
- With AirPlay, Bluetooth and WiFi included, it is easy to stream music from a number of sources.
- The impressive sound amplification of 170watts in each channel ensures that even the softest sounds are reproduced with the same amount of clarity as with the loudest sounds. The unique wide range amplifier technology is what is responsible for delivering the true-to-life sound without noise and reflections.
Sony STRDH550 with its 7.2 channel operation has been top selling models. This is because of the impressive audio quality it delivers. But when it comes to sound fidelity, there are very few models that can compete with the Denon receiver.
Added to the immersive sound delivery, it also offers 3D video delivery. If you are looking for a less pricey version, an entry level receiver like the Pioneer receiver would suffice.
With the capacity to deliver 4K ultra HD videos and the added convenience of Bluetooth connectivity, it is a great option for a smaller hometheatersetup. For larger scale set-up where you might need more than one sound zones, then the Onkyo and Yamaha receivers would solve the purpose.
So this is the list of the best A/V receiver under $500 which have been top sellers in the recent times. A little research should help you choose the right one for your home theater setup.